- How To Add Contacts to Your Favorites List – Android OS
- How To Send a Text or Make a Call with a Swipe
- How To Switch Between Apps and Tasks and Using Task Manager – Android OS
- How to Create a Contact Shortcut for One-Touch Dialing – Android OS
- How To Adjust Settings and Options in an Application – Android OS
- How To View All Window Screens on One – Android OS
- How to download ringtones to your android phone
- How to Download or Remove Android Apps
Creating a Contact Shortcut for On-Touch Dialing
Part of our Simple How To series
You probably have at least one person you call the majority of the time. For me it is my wife and I prefer one simple keystroke to make the call, instead of going into the phone and then into recent calls or contacts. This is simple!
1. From your home screen, press on the Menu button – usually lower left corner with a few lines on it.
2. This brings up a grid of items – press “Add”
3. Press the “Shortcuts” menu item.
4. There you will see a whole list of shortcuts – we are interested in the “Direct Dial” shortcut, but feel free to come back and add more shortcuts if you want to.
5. Once you press the “Direct Dial” shortcut menu item, it will bring up your contacts. Select your contact and it will place it on your home screen.
Done – this is a nice trick to streamline your phone calls.
Make sure to check out our other Simple How To-s for your Android device